Monday, April 10, 2023

Signs you are being drained by a narcissist


I caught the exBFF in many lies. I didn't call her out because I was so drained. She was suffocating me. 

A true narcissist, everything was always about her. As soon as I picked up the phone, the conversation immediately was about her. She wouldn't even ask me how I or my hubby was! 

One day she caught me in the right mood and I let her have it. The next time she called, she made a point to ask how I was doing - but the words were so foreign to her, I could tell she was forcing herself to say them. 

And her one big lie that I finally confronted her on - she blurted it out when she was mad at her boyfriend. She was drunk, and didn't realize what she said. I waited a couple of days and called her back. When I ascertained she was sober, I let her have it.

It involved her car, that was in my name so she could save $$ on insurance. I did not appreciate the lie I caught her in, and I told her "you have 30 days to get your car out of my name. At the end of 30 days, I am canceling the registration and insurance."

She complied in one week - because she knew, that although I rarely spoke up, when I did speak up - I wasn't fooling around.

No comments: