Monday, September 11, 2023

Having Fun with Coloring and Mickey

Having Fun with Coloring and Mickey

 I suppose my readers think that I am a sad sort of person, wallowing in self pity over the crap that Joan/Doris and the exBFF have done to me - well, that’s far from the truth.

Yes, this blog seems to be centered on those two whack jobs, and that’s because I’m getting things off my chest and putting out the truth of two miserable persons.

One of the things I like to do to unwind is color. When I’m coloring, I’m not only releasing the creative side of myself, I’m relaxing, and the coloring is a sort of meditation.

The past several years there has been a market for adult coloring books and I have a lot of them. From abstract themes, to nature themes, to historical themes. I have a few coloring books based on Ancient Egypt.

What I do when I get a new coloring book is rip it apart. Then I scan the individual pages into my computer. This way, I have the page to print out if I want to color it again. And while I’m scanning - I listen to some music.

By the way, I have ripped all my CDs onto an external hard drive. Most of my old cassette tapes and vinyl record albums have also been digitized into MP3 form. I am constantly amazed at the technology of this. One external hard drive, the size smaller than an old 8 track cartridge, contains more than 1,000 albums of music, audio books, guided meditations and self hypnosis sessions. All carefully backed up of course!

My hubby and I were shopping at Dollar Tree last week and I found a coloring book called “Mickey and Friends Feelin’ Spooky” coloring book. It’s that time of year to be Feelin’ Spooky. (never mind that as a paranormal investigator (ghost hunter) I get to be feelin’ spooky all year round).

Here’s a copy of the front cover if you want to know what to look for. Reconnect with Mickey - you can’t ever go wrong with him. 

copyright Disney corporation and Bendon corporation

 

 

 

 

No comments: